Associate | ONTIER UK · London
Laveen Ladharam is a corporate lawyer with experience in corporate, commercial, regulatory and debt finance transactions. He undertakes a broad range of work for his clients throughout the world including the UK, Europe, Asia and the Americas. Laveen is a pragmatic and commercial problem-solver who guides clients through matters collaboratively and thoughtfully. Laveen trained at a commercial firm in London and has subsequently worked at a leading offshore firm in Guernsey and as an in-house counsel at a credit fund in London.
- Advising a fund on a joint venture between Luxembourg entities and an Indian debt purchaser
- Advising a real estate fund on the purchase of assets in the Channel Islands
- Advising funds on purchases of debt in Europe and Asia
- Advising a fund on a corporate restructuring
Banking and finance
- Advising a real estate fund on loans to purchase real estate and other assets in the Channel Islands
- Advising a Hong Kong-based bank the refinancing of a prominent central London property
- Advising a Middle Eastern bank on loans to a high net worth individual via Guernsey and BVI holding companies
- Advising a UK manufacturer with listed debt in relation to their default on loans
- Advising a fund on the refinancing of a loan
- Advising a Canadian bank about the implications of the EU Bank Recovery and Resolution Directive in multiple jurisdictions.
- Advising a Guernsey unit trust about the regulatory issues of suspending the calculation of its NAV.
- Advising a Middle Eastern pension fund about AML issues.
- University of Warwick (BA Hons History) – 2011
- University of Law, London Moorgate – Graduate Diploma in Law
- University of Law, London Moorgate – Legal Practice Course
- Admitted as a solicitor in England & Wales - 2017