Partner | ONTIER UK · London
Felicity is a Partner in the ONTIER LLP, London Litigation Practice, specialising in commercial litigation and international arbitration working on high-value, complex and multijurisdictional disputes. Felicity has represented clients in various arbitral forums under all the major arbitral rules and has represented clients in proceedings in the High Court, Court of Appeal, in British Overseas Territories and offshore jurisdictions. Felicity is experienced in a wide variety of matters including breach of contract and joint-venture disputes, financial disputes, technology disputes, large value civil fraud claims, corporate and shareholder actions, internal corporate investigations, competition litigation and international judgment enforcement. Felicity is a Solicitor-Advocate with Higher Rights of Audience in Civil Advocacy and her experience has included appearing on behalf of clients in arbitral matters and the examination and cross-examination of expert witnesses.
- Acting for a Seychelles company in proceedings in the English Courts seeking to recover control over Bitcoin and other digital assets worth in the region of £3 billion.
- Represented a client in a multi-million US dollar claim in the Netherlands Arbitration Institute (NAI) in connection with a joint-venture project in Kazakhstan. The proceedings involved factual witnesses and legal experts from multiple jurisdictions including Russia, Kazakhstan, the UK, BVI and Germany.
- Represented a multinational company in connection with a request for arbitration under the ICC rules of arbitration with a Paris seat.
- Represented a client in a multi-billion pound claim in the Commercial Court and Court of Appeal against multiple Defendants.
- Represented a trustee client in relation to various applications made in the BVI.
- Represented clients in a financial dispute against a major bank in connection with facility and other agreements.
- Represented a client in LCIA and ad hoc arbitration in relation to a large quantum claim in connection with a failed IT project.
- Represented a Cayman Islands fund in connection with matters in the courts of the Cayman Islands and the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of New York relating to attempts by the Trustee for the liquidation of Bernard L. Madoff Investment Securities LLC to recover losses arising from the Bernard L. Madoff Ponzi scheme.
- Represented a US company in a successful application for a freezing order in the English High Court in support of principal proceedings in the US concerning allegations of the fraudulent transfer of money.
- Represented a mortgage brokerage company in relation to a dispute with a major bank concerning alleged breaches of a referral agreement.
- Represented a bankrupt estate of a Hong Kong company in relation to the tracing and recovery of US $200 million allegedly transferred from the company which included an application for injunctive relief in the Grand Court of the Cayman Islands against Hong Kong-based company directors.
- Represented a property investment fund in an alleged unfair prejudice claim in the High Court
- Represented an audit committee in the internal accounting investigation of a New York Stock Exchange listed company and a related U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission Investigation.
- Represented a multinational corporate group within the on-line gaming industry in a dispute concerning a software licensing agreement.
- Admitted as a Solicitor of the Senior Courts of England & Wales - 2007
- Admitted as a Solicitor in Queensland, Australia - 2002
- Master of Laws (LLM) - University of Queensland, Australia - 2005
- Bachelor of Laws (LLB) - University of Queensland, Australia - 2002
- Bachelor of Arts (BA) - University of Queensland, Australia - 2000
- Member of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (MCIArb)