Trainee Solicitor | ONTIER UK · London
Nicola is a trainee solicitor with commercial litigation experience, especially in digital assets, energy, IT, commercial contracts and civil fraud cases. He regularly assists clients based overseas, particularly in Italy, Spain and Latin America. Nicola previously worked at US and Magic Circle firms both in Milan (Italy) and in London. He joined ONTIER LLP as a paralegal in November 2019 and following started his training contract with the firm in September 2022.
- Working on a £3.5 billion claim in the English Courts for the recovery of Bitcoin and other digital assets.
- Assisting a Seychelles company in multi-jurisdictional passing off proceedings in the English Courts.
- Assisting a private individual in a $4.5 million commercial fraud claim for the recovery of Bitcoin.
- Assisted a US IT company in a multi-million dollar claim for breach of contract, arising out of a project to design, build and install a system to upgrade the electricity infrastructure of one of the largest cities in South Asia;
- Provided assistance to overseas companies – particularly Italian, Spanish and Latin American - in relation to the establishment of a presence in the U.K. and future business strategies.
- Assisted at the trial stage in a multi-million pound claim against a Cypriot financial services firm before the Commercial Court in London.
- BPP University, London – Legal Practice Course – Present
- BPP University, London – Graduate Diploma in Law – 2019
- University of Ferrara, Ferrara (Italy) – Joint Bachelor (LLB) and Master of Laws (5 years) – 2018
- Italian - Native
- English - Business proficiency
- Spanish - Advanced