Associate | ONTIER UK · London
InÍs specialises in commercial disputes, including claims for breach of contract, shareholder and joint venture disputes, professional negligence, misrepresentation claims and international fraud. She has experience in both commercial litigation and international arbitration. Prior to joining SCA ONTIER, InÍs trained in London and Hong Kong with Reynolds Porter Chamberlain and was subsequently an Associate with Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner in Hong Kong for two years. InÍs is a qualified solicitor of the High Court of Hong Kong.
- Assisted with setting aside a London seat arbitration award, simultaneous enforcement proceedings and asset freezing injunctions in Hong Kong, on the grounds of irregularity of service of the notice of arbitration.
- Barclays Private Trust Limited v Ernst & Young LLP  EWHC 869 (Comm) – successfuly defended Big 4 accounting firm Ernst & Young on a claim for providing a negligent financial report upon which the claimant relied and suffered damages. The Court found that the defendant had not been negligent and, in any event, that there was no reliance by the claimant.
- Acted on behalf of a leading commodities trader in concurrent arbitrations under LMAA Terms in Hong Kong (sales contract) and London (guarantee contract).
- Acted on behalf of a shareholder on a shareholders’ dispute which led to the winding up of the BVI company worth £1.2 million and liquidation of its subsidiaries. The grounds for winding up included management deadlock and allegations of theft. The subsidiaries are interior designers with renowned clients in the legal and financial sectors.
- Acted for US corporations in the recovery of funds wired by means of international commercial fraud, including reporting the matter to the local police, freezing the funds in the recipient bank and initiating garnishee applications.
- Represented the defendant client in a High Court monetary debt claim brought by a former business partner involving complex multinational private equity investment transactions.
- Acted for investors accused of evading tax through investment schemes in a large media, infrastructure and real estate conglomerate.
- Advised on the enforceability of a Hong Kong seat arbitration clause under a master purchase agreement between a leading smartphone manufacturer and electronics system operator.
- Requested the Hong Kong Court’s judicial assistance to compel a major international bank to produce bank opening forms and account information as evidence for US litigation proceedings, pursuant to letters of request.
- Bachelor of Laws (LLB) (First Class Honours), University of Brighton, 2012.
- Postgraduate Certificate in Laws (PCLL), University of Hong Kong, 2014.
- Solicitor of the High Court of Hong Kong, 2017.