Paralegal | ONTIER UK · London
Suhaylah joined SCA ONTIER in September 2017 as a paralegal. Suhaylah has significant experience from a range of disputes including contractual disputes, employment disputes, shareholder disputes and banking litigation. She has also assisted on a number of corporate and commercial transactions. Previously she was at Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer LLP, Linklaters LLP, and Herbert Smith Freehills LLP.
- Assisted on the RBS Rights Issue class action law suit brought by shareholders which settled for £200m.
- Assisted in the BA pension scheme litigation which arose after the Government’s announcement in 2010 to use CPI instead of RPI for increasing public sector pensions.
- Assisted on a contractual dispute between a high net worth individual and his company worth $1.2bn.
- Assisted on an investigation involving the Libor-fixing scandal relating to leading banks in the UK.
- Assisted on the defence of a company director against a multi-million pound claim brought by the company’s shareholders claiming breach of directors’ fiduciary duties.
- University of Westminster, LLB (Hons) (First Class Honours) – 2013
- University of Law, Legal Practice Course (Commendation) – 2014