Consultant | ONTIER UK · London
Del is a Solicitor with over 25 yearsí experience gained both in
business and private practice. Del joins the firm as Consultant having previously acted for many years
as General Counsel and Head of European Operations for a global
investment and hospitality group.
Delís experience of coordinating and advising upon significant cross
border transactions and disputes enables him to provide invaluable
business and legal advice to the firmís clients on both contentious and
non-contentious matters. Del has particular expertise in projects based
in or involving G.C.C. countries having had a twenty year connection
with clients in that region.
Prior to his move in-house Del was a corporate litigation associate with DLA Piper, a partner with
Speechly Bircham and attorney in the Cayman Islands. His practice
involved general commercial disputes across all industry sectors with a
particular focus on high value, multi-jurisdictional disputes.
- advising an international group on the recovery of assets worldwide acquired with the proceeds of fraud
- negotiating and documenting international franchise arrangements related to numerous brands for clients both in the UK and GCC
- assisting an international food services company with a global restructuring of their operations
- advising a major construction company on its joint venture with the manufacturer of building components
- advising and assisting various clients on enhancing the value of the assets held in their portfolio, including obtaining planning consent for commercial and residential developments
- providing assistance to various GCC entities in the acquisition of commercial and high end residential opportunities in London
- advising an international hospitality company on the terms of various joint venture and hotel management agreements
- advising the board of a technology company on all aspects of the sale of its business
- advising a client on how to address a range of regulatory issues to enable the continued operation of the business
- advising many corporate clients on commercial contracts, disputes and general day to day legal issues
- advising a multi-national company on various corporate governance issues and succession planning
- London Metropolitan University (BA (Hons) in Business Law)
- Admitted as a Solicitor in England and Wales 1990
- Admitted as a Solicitor in the Cayman Islands 1999.