Associate | ONTIER UK · London
Yao joined SCA ONTIER in 2016 as a corporate and commercial lawyer. Prior to joining the firm, she worked in the corporate and commercial department of Clarkson Wright & Jakes Ltd for five years. Yao undertakes a broad range of corporate and commercial work with a significant exposure to private M&A transactional work across a number of industries including manufacturing, IT and communications, and retail and distribution and has been advising a range of clients from individual business owners and SMEs to investors and listed companies. Yao also advises on due diligence, corporate structuring and corporate governance.
- Advising a software company on its readmission on AIM as a result of its acquisition of an operator branded messaging business and its subsequent takeover by a competitor.
- Advising a learning and talent management company on its placing of shares and verification of on AIM.
- Advising shareholders on the sale of a fire panel manufacturing company to a Japanese company listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange.
- Advising shareholders on the sale of a customs consultancy company to a U.S. company listed on NASDAQ.
- Advising a foodservice equipment supplier on several of its acquisitions.
- Advising on general private mergers and acquisitions.
- Advising companies and shareholders on shareholders’ agreements, joint venture agreements and articles of association.
- Advising companies and shareholders on group restructuring, demergers and share buybacks.
- University of Westminster (LLB) 2003
- BPP Law School, London (LPC) 2006
- Admitted as a Solicitor in England & Wales 2008