Senior Associate | ONTIER UK · London
An experienced dispute resolution lawyer, Danielle has worked in the United Kingdom, Middle East and Australia on complex disputes in a broad range of industries. Before joining SCA Ontier as a foreign qualified lawyer in 2016, Danielle worked in the dispute resolution practice of international law firm Herbert Smith Freehills.
Danielle’s commercial litigation and alternative dispute resolution practice focuses on significant cross-border and local disputes, including in the professional and financial services, technology, media, property and commercial sectors. Danielle has particular experience in financial services, corporate and shareholder disputes, in contentious technology and intellectual property matters and professional negligence claims.
- Acted for the administrators of European companies in connection with the global insolvency and sale of the corporate group, including distribution of multi-billion dollar assets.
- Acted in a shareholder dispute in connection with a high value UK commercial property portfolio, with claims exceeding £150 million.
- Acted for a professional services practice in significant claims arising from the collapse of its former client in the Middle East.
- Acted for an international group in connection with bribery and corruption issues and a consequential shareholder dispute arising out of activities in Africa.
- Acted for a major media company in disputes concerning media rights, contract and antitrust claims in Australia
- Acted for a group of international banks on appeals relating to a major corporate collapse in Australia, with complex issues around directors’ duties and accessorial liability.
- Acted in landmark taxation litigation in Australia in respect of franking of distributions on hybrid securities.
- Acted in significant taxation litigation in Australian courts concerning general deductibility and Part IVA (anti-avoidance) issues.
- Acted in defence of a class action claim commenced by shareholders, concerning corporate disclosures associated with CDOs.
- Advised in the context of regulatory requests and investigations.
- Bachelor of Laws (LLB) (First Class Honours), Wollongong University 1999.
- Bachelor of Science, Wollongong University 1999.
- College of Law, Sydney NSW (Diploma of Legal Practice) 2000.
- Admitted as a Solicitor of the Supreme Court of New South Wales, Australia, 2000.
- Register of Practitioners, High Court of Australia (entitled to practise in the Federal and High Courts of Australia).
- Member of the Law Society of New South Wales.