Associate | ONTIER UK · London
Bledi Albri is an associate in the Commercial Litigation and Arbitration group. He practices both international arbitration and commercial litigation. Blediís experience covers disputes involving banking, corporate, construction, intellectual property, oil & gas, fraud and trust disputes.
Bledi previously worked for an Italian company before joining the firmís London office in 2010. He specialises in multi-jurisdictional and cross-border disputes, having been involved in several jurisdictions in UK, EU, Brazil, British Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands as well as the USA.
- Assisting an international construction company in a London-seated arbitration in a claim against a State Respondent for damages of $6 billion arising out of a contract for the supply and processing of natural gas.
- Assisting in enforcement proceedings in respect of $350 million New York convention arbitration award in the Commercial Court in London.
- Assisting the majority shareholders of a BVI company in an unfair prejudice dispute in an ICC Arbitration and construction of the arbitration clause in a Shareholder Agreement which was ultimately decided in our clients’ favour in the Privy Council, see Anzen Limited and Others v Hermes One Limited  UKPC 1.
- Acting for a Brazilian Oil & Gas Company in one of the biggest recognition of Cross-Border Insolvency in England and Wales, and in proceedings against a Norwegian rig owner in a London-seated LCIA arbitration.
- Acting for two governors of a London School, involving high profile individuals in a claim involving conspiracy, fraud and breach of statutory duties.
- Acting for Russian Commercial Bank (Cyprus) Ltd in contempt proceedings against a defendant in Russian Commercial Bank (Cyprus) Ltd v Fedor Khoroshilov  EWHC 3139 (QB) and  EWHC 4433 (Comm).
- Acting for OJSC VTB Bank against two Russian directors and an English company in a tort and conspiracy claim in the Commercial Court in OJSC VTB Bank v Parline Limited and Others  EWHC 1135.
- Acting for the designer of the Stormtrooper helmets used in the Star Wars films in relation to unsuccessful copyright infringement proceedings brought by Lucasfilm in the Supreme Court, see Lucasfilm Ltd & Others v Andrew Ainsworth and Another  UKSC 39.
- Acting for a group of companies (tour operators in London and New York, business developers and property investors) in a complex claim against a former director for misappropriation, negligence and accounts in the Chancery Division and Court of Appeal.
- Advising the directors of a BVI company developing a Villa complex in Brazil and bringing a successful injunction in the High Court to enforce a contractual option under section 44 of the Arbitration Act 1996.
- Assisting a British Virgin Island company in the enforcement of an ICC arbitration award on English defendants.
- Assisting in Inversiones Frieira & Others v Colyzeo Investors II LP & Others  EWHC (Ch) 1762 - The rights of Limited Partners in a Real Estate Equity Fund to the delivery up of its books and records.
- Assisting the Defendants in one of the longest contempt hearing before the commercial court: Munib Masri v Consolidated Contractors International Company SAL & Others  EWHC 1024 (Comm).
- Assisting a renewable company with drafting Terms & Conditions involving the sale of Wind Turbines in North Africa and Middle East.
- Assisting a Spanish company in an appeal against an ICC arbitration award under sections 67 and 68 of the Arbitration Act 1996: B v A  EWHC 1626 (Comm).
- Acting for an asset management fund in relation to an oil & gas joint venture agreement.
- Assisting a director of a Plc company in removing defamatory material from web forums and closing down defamatory websites.
- King’s College University (LL.B) 2007.
- London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE), (LL.M in Corporate and Commercial Law) 2009.
- BPP Law School, London (LPC) 2011.
- Admitted as a Solicitor in England & Wales 2016.
- Member of the LCIA, Young International Arbitration Group.
- Member of the British-Albanian Lawyers Association.
- Associate since 2016.