Managing Partner | ONTIER UK · London
Seamus Andrew is a commercial litigator specialising in international litigation and arbitration having practised at the English bar with Clifford Chance and with the offshore firm Walkers. Seamus is licensed to appear as an advocate in all English courts. He has experience at all levels of civil tribunal in both the UK and the Cayman Islands and is admitted to practise as a Solicitor and a Barrister to the Eastern Caribbean Supreme Court in the Territory of the Virgin Islands.
Seamus has extensive experience of financial services disputes and in particular hedge fund disputes, and has provided expert evidence in hedge fund litigation to Federal Courts in the Southern District of Manhattan and in Philadelphia.
Seamus also has experience of litigating disputes relating to shipping, intellectual property and trusts, and has spoken extensively at conferences on the subjects of trust litigation and anti-money laundering laws.
Seamus is ranked as a Leading Individual for Commercial Litigation in the Legal 500 Directory. In January 2012 Seamus was named in The Lawyer magazine’s “Hot 100” as one of the high achieving lawyers to watch in 2012, which described him as a “fierce and nerveless” lawyer who does not back down. In September 2011 Seamus was featured as “Lawyer of the Week” in The Times newspaper.
- Millbank Properties v Preston Borough Council  EGCS 195.
- Cambridge v Callaghan (Court of Appeal) Times Law Reports, March 21 1997, Re Omar Trust  Wills and Trusts Law Reports 713.
- Lemos v Coutts  Cayman Islands Law Reports.
- CVC v Almeida (Privy Council)  BCLC 1.
- Cetelem SA v Roust Holdings Ltd  EWCA Civ 618.
- Architects of Wine Ltd v Barclays Bank PLC  EWHC 1648 (QB) &  EWCA Civ 239 (CA).
- Indicii Salus Ltd (In Receivership) v (1) Guru Paran Chandrasekaran (2) Vanessa Chandrasekaran (3) Ssaneva Security Technologies Ltd  EWHC 406 (Ch).
- Almeida v Opportunity Equity Partners, Ltd (Privy Council)  UKPC 44.
- Lucasfilm v Ainsworth (The Star Wars litigation)  UKSC 39.
- Bernard L Madoff Investment Securities LLC [BVI HVC (C) 0140 of 2010].
- Seamus is a graduate of Kings College London, where he obtained an LL.B. and an LL.M. in Corporate and Commercial Law.
- Seamus is a former lecturer in Commercial and Insurance Law at Manchester University